1. What is a domain and why do I need one?
A domain name is your unique internet address. Most Internet sites register with the InterNIC which issues domains under the .com (commercial), .org (non profit), .net (network infrastructure), and .gov (US federal government) top level domains. There are also top level domains for every country, such as .ca (Canada), .us (United States), and .uk (United Kingdom).
Domain names tend to be memorable so that people can find and return to your site. For example, if your organization was Widgets, Inc you would probably choose widgets.com.
2. How much does it cost to register a domain name?
The InterNIC charges $US 35 per year, and requires the first two years to be paid in advance for a total of $US 70. The InterNIC will send you an invoice via e-mail between 3 to 6 weeks after the domain is registered.
3. Can I check domain name availability?
Yes. Use our check your domain availability link.
4. Does worldindia handle domain registration?
worldindia will register your domain on your behalf. You will be billed directly by the InterNIC via e-mail
5. How do I transfer my domain from another company to worldindia?
We can arrange to have it moved over free of charge.
6. How long does it take to register or move a domain name?
Our "Gold Premier" partnership with InterNIC allows us to fast-track your Domain Registrations and modifications. Usually it only takes 1-2 business days for InterNIC to process your domain registration application.
It takes approximately two weeks for most of the world's name servers to register a new or moved domain.
7. Will I be able to access my domain name with or without the WWW in front of it?
Yes, you can access the Index.aspx file in your html directory by either the URL http://www.yourdomain.com or http://yourdomain.com. The former is much more common.
8. Can multiple domains point to the same HTML files?
There is a $35/year fee per additional domain. The additional domain setup will configure a domain name to point to the same web-root directory as your specified webhosting account. To have this service installed, please order Domain Plus.
9. What is the difference between IP & HTTP Redirection?
IP Redirection will redirect all requests for your domain, that are sent to our name server, to the external IP address that you have requested.
HTTP Redirection will redirect all requests for your domain, that are sent to our name server, to the external URL that you have requested.
10. Can I ever have my domain name taken away?
Yes. Read the InterNIC's policy on trademark disputes.
To submit a request for proposal please Click Here